Saturday, August 29, 2026

You're a Rock

    Below the mountain, you were taken from your home, carried up the lofty peak, thinking you were destined for great things. Through the clouds you saw glaciated shapes, an unlimited landscape of opportunity. You thought the person who carried you would always protect you. Until they got to the very top, where despite all the beauty you were witnessing, something didn't feel right. 
    Your keeper took you out of their pocket, raised their arm, and threw you off the mountain. You fell and fell through the icy crevasses, fracturing at your weakest points, with the core still intact. You rolled through some meadows with wildflowers, wishing things would settle, in a happy place like this, until the grade increased again, and life took you by surprise.
    On you rolled, shedding pieces of your innocence, before taking another tumble off a lower cliff. This time a waterfall intercepted you, drowning you in terrifying surrender, plunging you into a shadowy subconscious, where the truth jolted you awake. In this life, nothing will save you, only yourself. The water took you up, pushed you down through intense rapids, polishing your inner strength, rinsing it of the bruises and scrapes. The pain was still there; you knew it would never go away. You had to learn how to harness it as you floated; the rapids would otherwise destroy you.
    Another tumble awaited, another fall down the granite wall, another surrender to gravity that seemed eternal. That time you landed gracefully in a river of forgiveness, a sanctuary of peace that meandered you down a valley. The cold stillness enveloped your broken faces, eroding those sharp edges that hurt into rounded shields, a protective layer built by resilience. 
    They may find you, they may elevate you into the peaks again, they may throw you even farther next time, but now you have the shape to absorb the fall. They can never break you, ever again. You're a rock, settling onto a glossy riverbed with others, your children at your side. You must teach them the way home, in case they are ever taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

How I Love You

You said I don't know anything, I said I know I love you, You said that's the only thing, I smiled and I helped you Understand every...