Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Small Black Holes Causing Dark Matter

    What we know of as dark matter could merely be a sea of miniature black holes that surround the galaxys in their halos. The rotational velocity could be so slow that they don't contract and sink into each other, creating bigger ones. And if they did, satellite galaxys that are smaller than their parent may develop, which could be the process in our Milky Way.
    Black holes can be small enough for this to happen. If you shrink the mass of the sun into the size of a mountain, a black hole would be there, and a fairly weak at that. If you did the same with the Earth, it would be the size of an inch, and proportionally weaker. Add up all the potential matter and black holes surrounding the galaxy, and you have a good recipe for dark matter.
    I haven't the faintest idea how this mechanism would have started. An analogy with starbirth may be appropriate. It seems that in the early universe, countless black holes could have developed as matter began pooling. Only the ones that developed in the center of galaxiess would have grown to supermassive sizes.
    This is similar to the way a planet forms; all the pieces that combine to form it come together at different stages, like black holes combining at the center of a galaxy. Outside our solar system, there are billions of lost planetary fragments that never combine due to their distance from the center. The same thing could have happened far from the center of our galaxy, where a halo if black holes may be orbiting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

How I Love You

You said I don't know anything, I said I know I love you, You said that's the only thing, I smiled and I helped you Understand every...