Josephine Wall is one of the most talented painters I've come across. She's a fantastical surrealist, the combination of which is most likely to catch my eye, and her use of colorful detail is used to perfection. I really can't get over the way some of her paintings move me. It's almost like we've both eaten slices of that same magical pie that few people would dare to even try. Every child on Earth eats a piece of the pie when they are born, but they digest it before reaching adulthood. Then they are offered seconds once the buildings of growth are fully constructed; and should one eat it again, the buildings become festooned with climbing topiary that reverts the industry of adulthood back to an embryonic perspective. Josephine can eat all the pie she wants, and I'll have another slice myself. Below is a link to her webpage where you can find her galleries, and I've also updated my Top Paintings page to accommodate her additions. Also added to the list are some paintings by other contemporary surrealists that were introduced to me lately, like the political humorist Mark Bryan and the wonderful animal-environments of Ilene Meyer (thanks Paul).
http://www.josephinewall.co.uk/art_gallery.html
http://rateyourmusic.com/list/airman13579/top_paintings
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.